Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Potter

I know I will spend several years
As I attempt to close the void
there opened by the one I love.
I will sculpt the edge of that heartache
like a master at the wheel
Until with perfect symmetry
And quiet absolution
I will create a mouth so small
and temper the solution
So that,
When some time has passed,
And the heart-bled wine
Has aged at last,
I will take it on the tongue of memory
In the tiniest of tastes.
Overcome by bittersweetness,
I will look back with but a hint of tart
And find it without waste.

2 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 5:14 AM, Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Damn that's good.

(So good it's hard to think of anything else to say.)

 
At 9/02/2006 1:01 AM, Blogger Kay said...

I like how smoothly you flow from sculpting a pot to savoring the wine. Good images I never would've thought to connect, but they make sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home