Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I SAY I SAY I SAY

Heartwarming Olympics story: Canadians thank Norwegians by way of maple syrup

Best line: "I think that [maple syrup is] something that very representative of this country, aside from beavers."



Yeah I know, I ain't been around much. Sorry kids. I've been slacking in numerous areas of my life the past couple weeks, and I've decided to put a stop to it.




I'm sure you're all curious about my birthday evening, and I'll admit, it was your typical 21st birthday.




But it was in the middle of the week and I was trying to be responsible, so it was an extremely condensed 21st birthday, with all the happenings occurring between 9 pm and 1 am.



After that time, Emily walked me back to my room (During the walk we cut across the grass out by the reflection pools, at which point I apparently instructed Emily that "I don't wanna go in the water." I don't remember telling her this, but she insists I was adamant on the point, that I honestly did not want to go in the water. She said she assured me that we weren't going to.)



After she made sure I got to my room alright, she went off to her own devices, leaving me to mine. And it just so happens that about fifteen minutes later I went to the bathroom and locked myself out of my room.




But my neighbor CC found me sitting in that bewildered state, and put me to bed in her room on her futon. (Thanks so much CC) I woke up to find her poster of Vin Diesel staring down at me.




All in all I had a pretty excellent birthday, the weather was great, the company was great, even the end was great. Come on, there are worse things in life than waking up under the careful gaze of Vin Diesel.

All pictures courtesy of Emily's new digital camera. I have been helping her with her newfound obsession with photography.

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Trevor Record said...

Are you trying to make fun of us? We take our maple syrup very seriously here.

 
At 2/24/2006 4:03 AM, Blogger Latigo Flint said...

I don't trust reflection pools, never have, they're liars you know.

Happy Birthday (of course) Paula.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home