Friday, October 07, 2005

So, uh, is there a Mrs. Christ?

So I went and saw Godspell tonight, as it was being produced by the theatre company here on campus...it was actually really good. Really really entertaining. The thing that makes Godspell it's that it all comes down to how the ensemble works with each other, and how each individual interprets everything... but the problem I always find with it is that they always find this young, handsome, hilarious, earnest, talented, charismatic guy to play Jesus...which I guess is the point, and the most effective way to get the message of the musical across, but damn if I don't spend the whole time going "I am not attracted to the Messiah, I am not attracted to the Messiah, I'm not attracted to the Messiah." And I guess that's not really a problem of the play so much as a problem of me. But anyway, Jesus was totally hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home