Friday, July 15, 2005

Waking up

So sometimes now,
When your face meets my dreaming eye
More often than my waking one,
I sit and think
That maybe it was all a dream
And I the dreaming fool.

Your sunturned face,
And caught light dancing at your jaw,
Quick sharp slope of brow and nose,
Those crinkling eyes,
That churning secret smile kept
There only for yourself;

Oh, are these things
of you or me? Of my mind or of your body?
Could I have dreamt them without you?
It matters not.
For real or not, they haunt me still,
And leave me empty-handed.

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 7:34 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

come and post on the write club blog.

Your work is relevant

 
At 7/19/2005 4:38 PM, Blogger Paula said...

I think 'relevant' is seriously one of the best compliments I have ever recieved.

I will certainly look into the write club blog.

 
At 7/21/2005 12:55 AM, Blogger Embee Breedlove said...

nice. good imagery. i have written my share of lost love portry. i wonder why pain inspires good writing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home