Wednesday, July 20, 2005

From now until Saturday evening my brother and I are entirely on our own, which I enjoy a great deal. He's been talking about going to school in Atlanta, and since Rome (where I shall be living come August 17th) and Atlanta are an hour apart we'd briefly discussed in passing perhaps splitting the difference and getting an apartment somewhere in between. I already drive half an hour everyday to school now, I could maintain it for another two years easy. Of course, this is unlikely, as he may stay in Chattanooga to take advantage of his connections with Dixie, and also, because even if he goes in Atlanta it may be a little unreasonable. But a girl can dream, can't she? Billy and I get on really well, and I feel like sharing an apartment with him would be enjoyable. I know I like spending evenings and Saturdays hanging out with him.

I would certainly like it better than staying in the dorms at Berry, as nice as campus is...I'm a little worried about the code of ethics. I mean, I'm a pretty good kid, when it comes down to it. I enjoy a beer or two now and then, but I harken to that whole 'moderation' thing pretty easily. I do my homework and I get good grades, I am polite and respectful, I do my best to be nice and friendly and not be a problem. But I like my personal space, and amidst my peers I'm known for being a little outspoken about a lot of things, and I just worry that it'll get me into trouble. I don't know. It's really true this is an entirely gray area, and I just really don't know. We'll have to see, I guess.

For now though, I'm enjoying my last few weeks of living at home, and living up the fact my parents are out of town by partying hard, yeah! By 'partying' I mean eating icecream and inviting one of my old high school teachers over to watch movies. Gah, I really am a good kid.

5 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 11:51 PM, Blogger Trevor Record said...

Eating ice cream, watching movies is a spectacular thing to do with your friends. Really.

 
At 7/21/2005 12:27 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Why else do you think I do it? :]

 
At 7/21/2005 12:58 AM, Blogger Embee Breedlove said...

yeah ice cream! i'm with that. beware living with siblings though. i've been down that road twice, and those two times are by far the worst roommate experiences of my life. of course your situation could be totally different. i'm just saying, think hard about it.

a book for you: neil cassidy, the first third.

 
At 7/21/2005 2:17 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for the advice, bastian. Like I said, it's probably not going to happen. If it's any consolation, I get on extremely well with my siblings.

 
At 7/24/2005 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really think the dorm experience is valuable.

it had it's really annoying moments, but i enjoyed it. and you meet a lot of people, it makes it easy ;t;o ; meet people (ignore the typos, my roommate matt decided to randomly hit my keyboard).

love love.
jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home