Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Here and there and happenings

I'm working on a "My adventures in St Augustine!"-type post, but I'm having to resize all the pictures because Kevin likes to take them at a ridiculous quality, so you'll have to be patient with me, oh faithful readers (or reader, I think. Hi Trevor)

Billy went in for his MRI today, which has turned me into a mass of nervousness... A few weeks ago he noticed discomfort with his left eye, and about a week and a half ago he realized he had a blind spot about the size of a thumbprint at a handsbreadth distance. He went to the doctor about it, and they said he had a dead nerve, that the spot would probably shrink with time but never completely go away. They also said that, (and I hate it when they say this) while it was probably nothing, he would need to go make sure everything was hunky dorry with his brain. Yeah. Great. Thanks. Not to worry us or anything. Just ticking off the possibilities is enough to make my normally controllable paranoia register off the scale... Forgetting that my eldest brother and good friend is as I type this having his brain scanned from the inside out is not something that I'm likely to accomplish in the next millenia.

Funnily enough Billy and I were just discussing my paranoia, and how I had come by it rather honestly...in the next moment, I did a credible impression of our mother, "I don't want you sleeping in that back bedroom because the trees in the backyard might fall over and crush you in the night!" and that made us laugh. He said he was surprised Mom was letting me go to Florida, what with all the shark attacks, and I'll admit, when I was swimming in the ocean, it was something none too far from my mind. But at least I know where I get it.

In completely unrelated news, I seem to have pulled a muscle in my foot, because whenever I bend it a certain way it dissolves into an amorphous blob of hurt. Now I can walk around no problem, and as long as I don't move it too much it's not a big deal, but twisting it to push it into my tennis shoe.....ouch....

1 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 8:43 PM, Blogger Trevor Record said...

AHHH we have the same mom. Mom was actually in the room that would have the worst tree-crushing of all, but she said it was ok for her to die because she was already grown up (or something).

Holy crap, a shout-out from Paula.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home